Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Footsteps

Hannah Moriarty
Short story
Mr. Dilworth
9/7/14

I was alone. Tired, dirty and lost in the woods. I had no clue of the time. One or two in the afternoon maybe but I could be way off. I had no idea where i was or what time i was going to get home or if i was even going to get home. I had this feeling in my stomach that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and something was watching me. I felt as if there was somebody or something following me, watching every little thing I do. Every minute or two I would turn around cautiously to check my surroundings. Nothing. I heard the crackles of leaves and the snaps of branches like something was walking right behind me. I began to walk faster as the noises became louder and closer. They soon began to go faster and much louder, so I started to run not knowing what was going on. I ran as fast as I could and the noises just kept on going. As I looked behind me and ran I suddenly felt a large amount of weight on my back and as I fell everything turned black.

3 comments:

  1. Hannah-
    This is a wonderful short story you wrote! I defiantly get a creepy feeling while reading it, and thinking that someone is behind me. I realized in this story that the character was very lost and frightened and had no clue what was going on. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,
    This is a really good story and definatley creeped me out. You did a great job of putting the reader in the characters shoes and I got the feeling I was being followed. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great story that embodies all the little actions and feelings you get when you're lost, alone, and afraid. The fear written in these words feels so real that you can relate instantly. The epiphany that something was always following you adds a great open ended ending to the story.

    ReplyDelete